XYplorer Lifetime License Pro v13.40 for PC
The Ultimate File Manager
Platforms: Windows 98, NT, Me, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012
When you really think about it, file management in Windows hasn't really changed all that much since the olden days of Windows 3.1. But the way that we use our computers, coupled with the explosion in the number of files that we now store, has made dealing with file management an onerous, almost painful task! Thank goodness XYplorer is here to inject some balance, order, and fun to file management!
XYplorer is the last file manager you'll ever need to install! With XYplorer, you get multiple tabs to jump quickly between folders, a powerful search function, a preview feature that should have been part of Windows years ago, and a highly customizable and intuitive interface. Even better, XYplorer offers this to you in a very fast, very light application that doesn't require any installation or make any system or registry changes. Intrigued? Read on.
If you're a fan of tabbed browsing, you already know how to work the tabs in XYplorer! Click between folders, rename them, reposition them, and drag and drop files onto them -- a whole lot easier than using Windows Explorer, that's for sure. You can even create a tab dedicated to a search filter! The Dual Pane makes it easy to move and copy stuff between folders, plus there's Manual Sorting to enable you to view files exactly as you like. And when you quit XYplorer and come back later, your tab configurations are there waiting for you!
Combine this extraordinary functionality with intuitive Tree, List, and Mini-Tree views, and you're all set with XYplorer. The Mini-Tree contains a history of files and folders that you've actually used, so it's easy to jump to something you've been working on. Ever wanted to create a magic button to launch files in your app of choice? Custom Toolbar buttons makes that happen! You can color code your files, tag files, highlight and bold favorite folders, or use the Catalog function to combine folders and items from all over your hard drive, LAN, and the Internet under a single heading. There's even support for file names longer than 260 characters, an impossibility in Windows! Plus, aliases make typing long directory structures into the address bar a thing of the past!
The robust features just keep on coming with XYplorer! Imagine one-click previews of any of your media files, plus multiple (up to 100) level undo/redo for your file operations that persists from session to session. An advanced Recycle Bin that leaves your default Windows Bin in the dust! You can even enable queuing in XYplorer and stack file operation jobs without even waiting for the first few to finish, then continue working as your jobs complete in the background!
XYplorer also offers Select Special, which lets you modify selections in one pane based on items in the other pane, synchronous scrolling and sorting of both panes, the ability to bring back accidentally erased selections, item name editing, and a quick way to bump selected files up in the folder hierarchy!
ATTENTION PHOTOGRAPHERS!!! XYplorer includes a powerful Floating Preview feature. Essentially a new preview pane separate from the main window, Floating Preview supports Mouse Down Blow Up and the transparency grid for transparent images. It's one of the features customers have requested most!
Check out a sampling of what else is new in XYplorer v13.40:
- Breadcrumb Bars: Now you can have a Breadcrumb Bar in each pane. It shows the full path of the current tab and lets you efficiently navigate the whole file system.
- Checkbox Selection: Now you can individually select multiple list items simply by ticking checkboxes shown at each item.
- Zip Support: Now XYplorer can add to and extract from Zip archives. Zip related commands have been added all over the place, including interesting ones like "Drop into Zip", "Paste Into Zip", "Paste Extracted", "Paste Zipped", and "Zip Here".
- Extended Reporting: Custom reporting now supports the complete set of file metadata. So you can pick out whatever info bits you need and export them in a fully customizable format.
- Image Preview: Now previewing Animated GIFs is supported. Simply select a GIF file and you see the animation in the Preview tab. You can even resize the running preview on the fly.
- Type Ahead Find 2.0: Now you have commands to jump to the next/previous match, a status bar message showing the typed pattern, and live highlighting of the matches right in the file list. Type Ahead Find is also known as Find As You Type.
- Tiles Views You now have two new views, Small Tiles and Large Tiles. Both come with high quality thumbnails, support for Mouse Down Blow Up, and essential metadata. The Large Tiles view - attention photographers! - displays image dimensions and aspect ratio.
- and much, much more!
Review Written by Derek Lee
The Fine Print
XYplorer Lifetime License Pro