100% Off Promotions - How It Works
BitsDuJour is known for its 50% to 90% off exclusive 24 Hour software promotions.
But what about discounting your software 100%? Well we've constructed a way to actually make it profitable.
The concept is simple. You provide us with a list of registration codes, we hand them out to our customers
- free of charge - for a 24 hour period. In return you get the email address of the customer. Add them to your list,
offer them upgrades, cross-grades, and whatever else you've got to sell. It's that simple.
Don't Just Give It Away
No, neither of us makes any money up front. But we went ahead and did the math for ourselves.
Our conclusions? Sacrificing one of our promotional slots for an influx of new customers is absolutely worth it.
And we think it will be for you, too. We've already done some testing and found that quadruple-digit registrations are a reasonable expectation.
That's potentially thousands of pinpoint-targeted customers. Not to mention a whole bunch of free PR for your Giveaway!
Interested in participating? Sign Up and we'll get you on the 100%
schedule as soon as possible. Setup is quick and easy, and comes with the same professional attitude, whiz-bang copywriting services,
and attentive comment moderation that you've come to expect from Bits. That part is on us :)
Give me the Numbers
Our 100% Off promotions typically result in several thousand email addresses. Sometimes they even break five figures!
Registration Codes and Installers
Some software developers prefer to use special downloads and installers instead of registration codes. Don't sweat, we've got that
covered too. In that case the customer is sent a link to the downloadable full version in their receipt email.
Instead of uploading a list of registration codes into our system we can also retrieve registration codes
from a URL on your server. We pass in the purchaser details in the ASP querystring and you pass back the code.
Even if you use a different kind of registration system we can probably make it work, just let us know.
What about Privacy?
Rest assured that we operate securely within the CAN-SPAM regulations. Customers are welcome to unsubscribe
from mailings at any time, and we present them with a very transparent disclaimer and explanation before a product
is downloaded. We even double-checked with our attorney -> it's all aboveboard!
Give me the details
We like to run 100% Off deals, but we have to play by the rules.
The product version that you're running a 100% Off deal for must be currently publically sold from your main product website.
Your product must include a clean installer free of adware, spyware, toolbars, and add-ons.
We must run the promotion using our own e-Commerce checkout system. This is because:
- Most e-commerce systems charge minimum fees per transaction.
- E-commerce systems allow purchases from temporary email addresses (like mailinator.com), which have no value after the promotion is complete.
- Most e-commerce systems allow repeat purchases from the same email address, our system blocks these.
- E-commerce systems have nothing in place to block multiple purchases from the same computer using different email addresses, our system blocks these.
- Our system has been specifically designed to distribute a 100% Off promotion, e-commerce systems are built on a different set of principles.